- Citizenship / Residency: The competition is open to citizens / permanent residents of member states of the European Union or those considered as habitually full-time residents of member states of the European Union, including particularly, full-time students
- Age: under 36 years old on the deadline date of 28th of May 2012
- Language: fluent or near-fluent English (spoken and written)
- Entrepreneurship / Work Experience: Early-stage entrepreneurs, i.e. those who have set-up their own company / organisation within the period of the last 18 months (maximum) or Intrapreneurs or full-tme students with a minimum of one year of professional experience, preferably in a field related to innovation and / or entrepreneurship
- Each project / company / organisation / team is to be represented by Only one person, and the award could go to either a person or the team / project / company / organisation represented
- All applications from registered applicants will be screened for compliance with the eligibility requirements listed above
Eligibility check by EYIF to verify compliance with the rules and to disqualify entries that are judged to be frivolous or deceitful, or which contain profanity, obscenity, incitement to violence or hatred, or other form of impropriety
- Eligible applications that have been received within the deadline of 28th of May 2012 at 23h30 CET will be evaluated by a review committee formed by EYIF staff and board as per the evaluation criteria stated below. In the event candidates have submitted applications several times within the deadline of 28th of May 2012 at 23h30 CET, Only the last submission before this deadline will be taken as the final submission for evaluation purposes.
The shortlisted candidates may be contacted to schedule an interview by telephone or Skype. If the shortlisted candidate is not available for the interview, they will be dropped from the shortlist.
- Based on the results of points 2 and 3 above, the review committee will designate the finalists, plus potential alternates
- The selection of the eligible candidates, winners and of the actual participants of the InnoPitch Competition for the European Young Innovator of the Year 2012 will be final and not subject to appeal.
- EYIF reserves full rights to change any and all of the rules and conditions of this competition including all award conditions, without limitation
- Creative, well-structured and convincing video message (10 points)
- Creative, well-structured and convincing power-point presentation (10 points)
- Number of questions convincingly answered (up to 10 points per question - 50 max)
- Goood knowledge of how the market works specific to his/her business functions (10 points)
- Clear understanding of the outcomes: how his/her future product/service will benefit society/Europe/the world (10 points)
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO: